Inspiring STEM based learning and the advancement of education in Queensland through the use of LEGO® and LEGO® Robotics.
Bricks 4 Kidz® is ideally placed to provide support to the Advancing Education action plan put into place by the Queensland Government. Programs are directly linked to STEM curriculum and Robotics programs meet the Digital Technologies National Curriculum set to be fast tracked in 2016. Located across the state, Bricks 4 Kidz® is able to deliver a whole of school experience that uses a familiar product to convey unfamiliar concepts.
Through the use of our proprietary model plans designed by engineers and architects, a Bricks 4 Kidz® incursion takes STEM learning out of the textbook and into an imaginative, 3-dimensional, hands on learning experience.
Bricks 4 Kidz® will work with your educators to determine which of our educational unit themes most appropriately reinforce and compliment your existing curriculum for each year level. All of our model builds have at least two levels of difficulty specifically designed to cater for the range of children’s abilities from P-G10.
A BRICKS 4 KIDZ® program provides opportunities for children to:
- Build problem-solving skills whilst providing an opportunity for creative expression and fostering an appreciation of how things work
- Develop critical thinking skills through design thinking processes
- Explore STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) concepts by utilising multiple learning modalities to engage visual, kinaesthetic and auditory learning styles. Different kids learn in different ways!
- Develop social and emotional skills such as patience, teamwork and communication in the process of completing a project in a noncompetitive setting
- Improve fine-motor skills as children manipulate small components and objects
Curriculum and Instructional Content.
- Students will work in a lab-type setting using LEGO® bricks with an integrated curriculum based on STEM concepts.
- Instructional content includes concepts of friction, gravity and torque, scale, gears, axles and beams. We will work with you to ensure the content aligns with your appropriate curriculum.
- The material covered each session will vary depending on students’ ages, experience, and skill level.
- All material will be provided.
To bring our School Incursion program to your school, contact us – we’d love to hear from you!