More About BRICKS 4 KIDZ® Knox
Bricks 4 Kidz® Knox is devoted to providing an extraordinary atmosphere for children, where we learn, we build, and we play with LEGO® Bricks. Classes are designed to teach the fundamentals of S.T.E.M. (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education, built around our proprietary model plans, created by engineers and architects. At Bricks 4 Kidz, we believe that kids learn best through activities that engage their curiosity and creativity.
My passion for LEGO® started at a young age like most of us and has continued through to today. I completed a Bachelor of Arts and worked for numerous live theatre organisations & Latrobe University before starting a family. During this time I discovered Bricks 4 Kidz and felt it fitted perfectly with my ideals on children’s education through play and would also allow me the necessary time to spend with my husband & son.
The results so far have been amazing. The changes we see in the children from the first time they attend our programs is great and it’s not just in what they are learning and comprehending. it’s in their confidence levels, focus and fine motor shills too.
Come and visit us soon and see for yourself 🙂
Tegan Hutchison – Director
Bricks 4 Kidz Knox.
We offer activities for children ages 4-13+, including:
- After-School Enrichment Classes
- School Holiday Workshops
- Birthday Parties, with LEGO® Bricks
- School Incursions
- Pre-School Classes
- Parents & Kidz Nights Out
Our programs provide a safe, relaxed learning environment where initiative is invited and self-expression is celebrated. Specially designed project kits and theme-based models provide kids with the opportunity to solve problems and develop an appreciation for how things work, while having fun and socializing in a non-competitive atmosphere.
BRICKS 4 KIDZ® Goals:
- Introduce engineering and architecture principles
- Explore all four of the S.T.E.M. concepts; science, technology, engineering and math
- Increase general knowledge through discussions related to each model
- Develop social/emotional skills such as patience, teamwork and communication
- Enhance self-esteem by solving problems and completing projects
- Improve fine and gross-motor skills as children manipulate small components
- Utilize multiple learning modalities to engage visual, kinesthetic, interpersonal and auditory learning styles
- Teach important classroom skills such as organisation and following directions
- Practise language and perception skills
- Challenge creativity
- Foster an appreciation for how things work