After School Workshops @ “the Hub”
Mt Ommaney, Brisbane-Springfield
171 Dandenong Rd, Mount Ommaney QLD 4074, Australia
Centenary Community Hub
:00 pm – 5:00 pm
So you want to be an engineer or architect? Well what are you waiting for? This is your chance. Join us as we put our engineering skills to the test to build bridges, vehicles and more.
We’ll learn about different types of careers for you to explore. Do you want to build bridges? Then civil engineering might be the job for you. Want to design the next cool electric car? Then you may be destined to become an automotive engineer.
List of models and lesson topics:
- Truss Bridge – Lesson topics: forces, math, civil engineering
- Bascule Bridge – Lesson topics: castle drawbridge, engineering design process, civil engineering
- Electric Car – Lesson topics: automotive engineering, electric cars vs. gas-powered cars
- Elevator – Lesson topics: mechanical and civil engineering
- Weather Buoy – Lesson topics: marine engineering, meteorology, science
- Amusement Ride – Lesson topics: mechanical engineering, forces.
When we have spaces available, fees are pro-rated for the rest of the term.